I am SNSF Assistant Professor of Historical Linguistics (UNINE), former Associate Researcher at the Center for Hellenic Studies (Harvard), and the PI of the WoPoss project founded by the SNSF.
I am a historical linguist with a strong interest in semantics. My research and expertise focus on the following areas:
– the analysis of meaning –in particular modal meaning– from both a diachronic and a synchronic perspective
– the linguistic study of the metaphor
– the development of complementary methods which combine computational tools and philological expertise and their application to ancient languages
– the epistemological analysis of key concepts in the history of linguistics
– the linguistic analysis of ancient documents –inscriptions, manuscripts– in their material context
– the methods of teaching languages, in particular classical languages.