The Swiss Federal Archives is seeking an Academic intern for a 12-month internship (80-100% work rate) at its headquarters in Bern.
The candidate selected for this position, which will support the Swiss Federal Archives Historical Analysis Department, should have training as a historian (19th and 20th centuries) and mastery of computer tools. He or she will evaluate archives for the administration and the scientific community, carry out research for the general public, and contribute to the development of digital analysis.
- Design and create digital assessment tools
- Process search mandates in compliance with legal requirements
- Develop historical analyses and expertise
- Perform analyses using numerical methods
- Write historical texts for social networks
Candidates should have a university degree in social sciences or history, preferably in combination with computer science or digital humanities, as well as extensive knowledge of information technology (programming knowledge is an asset).
For further information, please contact Stefan Nellen, Head of Historical Analysis, at 058 462 47 85 or email@example.com.
Those interested are asked to apply online.