The laboratory “Les passés dans le présent : Histoire, patrimoine et mémoire” of the Paris Nanterre University is seeking a research engineer specialized in deep learning tools. The position is also open to design engineers.
The position, to be filled as soon as possible, is with the context of the MoOAP project (Models and tools for deep learning), directed by Julien Schuh, which aims to develop a toolbox for analyzing massive data for humanities and social sciences. The contract is for six months with possibility of extension.
Within the ModOAP project team, the successful candidate’s tasks will include:
- Developing and implementing deep learning tools:
- Segmenting complex documents (OLR) ;
- Recognizing graphic similarities and automatic image labelling;
- Text classification
- Defining data processing protocols and implementing the data management plan ;
- Facilitating the project research seminar and a hackathon;
- Writing project documentation and research notes in the project notebook;
- Putting data online (tools, models, exploration platforms)
- Facilitation relationships between teams, partners, and service providers
Candidates should hold a PhD in engineering, computer science, or the humanities, and have knowledge of deep learning software. The position is also open to master’s graduates with at least one year’s experience.
Applications (CV, publication list, degrees, thesis, and letter of motivation) should be sent to: email@example.com
Read the full call (PDF in French).